Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When it Comes to Social Media & Radio: What Would Chris Brogan Do?

In this weekly feature eViews With the Who’s Who" on the FingerCandyMedia.com blog, I highlight people who are paving the way in the Social Media world, branding themselves in a unique way that stands out, when so many are just regurgitating others work.  I like to feature Celebrities, Musicians, Broadcasting Professionals, Authors, and other Social Media enthusiasts asking them lifestyle, career, fun and all around thought provoking questions.  This is my first “Typist”. What is a “Typist” you might wonder?
I’ll let Chris Brogan explain:
“If you asked others, they’d say I’m some kind of social media guy. I’d rather say that I’m a business communications and emerging technology guy, but that’s unwieldy. I tell people that I’m a typist. Why? Because I type a lot. I blog. I tweet. I write proposals. I write strategy docs. I write books. That’s a lot of typing. “
I have to admit to being in total awe of Chris. It’s  not hard to see what an impact he has made on the Social Web and Marketing community. I don’t know a lot of people in the Social Media business who don’t know who he is. I wondered about the Music and Broadcasting community. It wouldn’t be far-fetched to assume that even if you don’t know who he is, you are most likely being influenced by something he has written, tweeted or posted.  I will almost bet that if you are working with a “Social Media Expert/Guru,” they read his blog, books, tweets and posts!  
I had the opportunity to eView Chris and divided in two parts. The one that will be of interest to the Music and Broadcast Industry is featured on my other column “SocialMediology 101″ on ALLACCESS.com, a radio and music industry community website.  It is candid, advising, and a clear vision of  areas that could help bridge the marriage between New and Traditional Media for Broadcasters, Musicians and Entertainers alike.
Chris is an author, journalist, marketing consultant and frequent speaker about Social Media Marketing for Fortune 100 and 500 companies like PepsiCo, General Motors, Microsoft and many others. ChrisBrogan.com, is ranked in the Top 5 of Advertising Age Power 150. His book, “Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust,” co-written with Julien Smith became a New York Times bestseller, Wall Street Journal bestseller list and Amazon top 100.  His newer book Social Media 101 is more of a how-to full of tools. “The book Social Media 101 is a lot more of a how-to full of tools. If you’re already sold on the concept, Social Media 101 is pretty decent. If you want to understand why the web is all the rage, we do that in Trust Agents,” says Chris.
MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment