Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Driving with KRIScountry.com's Kris Daniels

I have known Kris Daniels long enough to have laughed, cried, fought, made up, cried, laughed, and loved always. Sounds like a country song, right.

With over 16 years experience as an On-Air Radio Personality, Kris is originally from Scottsdale, Arizona. She has three children and is happily married to the love of her life! If you didn't know already, Kris Daniels is the daughter of Country Music Radio Legend Larry Daniels.

Describing Krissy, well she loves to shop and is an amazing c
ook. Her favorite pastime is spending time with the family, if you can figure out a way to add poker to that she is heaven! What you might not know about this drop dead knockout woman is that she is actually a tomboy.



Currently she lives in Louisville Kentucky where she is the morning show of New Country Q103.1 and Music Director for  WQNU (NEW COUNTRY Q-103.1)/LOUISVILLE and Country WHKO(K99.1FM)/DAYTONOH. She is also co-creator of KRIScountry.com "your #1 resource for ALL things Country Music!"





Where are you answering these questions from right now?
In a baby changing station in the mall…don’t worry I washed my handsJ 


What are you wearing right now? 
Why do you want to know??? lol


How did you get started in Broadcasting? 
I’m allergic to manual labor….I was in college to be a fashion designer and it was very boring so I thought I would try radio.


What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without? 
(aside from my kids and husband)  Coffee,  Sun Glasses and the internet.


Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory?
Jean shorts


Have you ever been in a fight? 
Many (I had 2 older brothers who do you think taught me how to fight?)…when I was a pistol and before I was a momJ


What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? 
Did I over sleep and have dead-air???


What kind(s) of car do you drive?
Toyota 4Runner and this is a very sensitive subject…I had to trade in the cool card and get…a mini-van…but it’s a black…I never wanted to see that in writing.


Is there anything that you regret?
Besides getting rid of my Jeep for a mini-van…
Kris at Kentucky Derby


What are your fondest childhood memories?
I have many!! I had a great childhood.  Playing sports growing up, hanging with all my friends, going to suns games with my family, when nobody liked the phx suns.  Go to spring training games with my dad and brothers.  Going camping, fishing, and trips with my family/friends…too many to list!  Now that I’m writing this I wish I could move back in with my parentsJ


What current event has your eyes and ears?
The Flight Attendant that quit his job..this guy has balls I love it…some lady cussed him out…he said something on the loud speaker, grabbed his bags…don’t forget the 2 beers and went down the chute…what a way to exit…Take this Job and Shove has a whole new meaning.


How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity? 
The question is how do you not use Social Media in this industry?  I use it 24 hours a day to keep up with what going on with my listeners and how to let them know what’s going on with station, city and me.


What is your favorite website? 
I have so many but if I had to narrow it down it would be Fulltiltpoker.com, babycenter.com, foodnetwork.com and any shopping website…these have really nothing to do with work…but you asked for favorites.


Favorite snack?
Chips and the hottest salsa ever….I could eat this all day…everyday.


How do you balance your work with other obligations? 
I don’t get any sleep….I am a great multi-tasker…you have to be with a full-time job, full-time student, 3 kids, kids schedules etc!!!  My blackberry helps a lot!!!


Do you get nervous about anything? 
Walking in high heels…I love heels can’t walk in them I know I’m going to fall one day.


Do you have a ritual before you go on the air? 
No


What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
I love Cooking, Sewing, quilting, decorating houses…OMG I sound old.  I love sports, music, poker, camping 4 wheeling and fishing too!!!


What chore to you hate?
Folding laundry because I always am folding laundry it never stopsJ


Do you have an animals? 
1 dog…his name is Bocephus (after Hank Jr)  but he’s a little yorkieJ


Fruits or Vegetables?
Both


Mac or PC?
PC for the moment but I’m changing to Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment