Saturday, June 12, 2010

Everybody loves me!

You know the old saying, from Abraham Lincoln. You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

This is such an ego driven business; you want everyone to like you and if they don't it freaks you out. People are naturally going to be shallow and curt at times in any entertainment based business. You need to avoid talking to people about negative encounters too. It only fuels the fire. Because they will tell that person, you thought they were short or rude. It’s how we handle it that makes it work.
Ignore people that don’t like you and want to see you squirm and shake in scenarios and situations. There is nothing you can do to change people’s perception of you and how you react to their negatives makes a big difference in how your interactions progress.

You catch more flies with honey…I was very succinct and sometimes a smart ass. I expected everyone to know what to do. If I knew, I figured that they knew. When they kept missing the boat. I had a talent tell me, you expect everyone to know what’s brewing in your head, if you don’t tell us, we don’t know. I assumed it was because they didn’t want to be part of our successes. That was horrible of me as a manager to think like that. Unless you start dealing with the same participation issues over and over after explanation. I guess the real way to make it work is to be a nice guy, but a strict supervisor in one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment