Saturday, January 30, 2010

SHHH I'M HAVING FUN Chuck Geiger

I saw a piece on The ABC Evening News earlier in the month about a new trend in jobs and careers. It's called "gigging". Multiple jobs for the former bread winner of the household due to our lovely economic climate. My wife works full time at a national hospice company as the business manager. I have three jobs, running this web site along with Jessica, working in the morning part time at The Fresno Bee as an inside new business representative and working with Chip and Mary with New Generation Programming.

This past week I put together 6 formats with 24 air talents that will record breaks, noticed I didn't say voice tracking? for this venture. Also hiring voice talents to voice these formats. We will do all the writing and production for the clients. The whole product we call NUTS AND BOLTS will be delivered to the client and inserted into their digital playback systems. The planning and creative was so much fun and I am only at the tip of the iceberg. It's like I am a group PD and working with all these formats and people without the stupid daily distractions of day-day programming a radio station.

I'm having fun, I woke up in the middle of the night to finish the demo composite for Country - Adobe Audition was coming back to me. The magic spark of programming, working with talent, putting together formatic entries and imaging is still very enticing to me. I have connected with some great people and it's so awesome that a bunch of motivated radio freaks are still out there.

twitter.com/FTCtweets
facebook.com/FullThrottleCountry

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment