Lone Star Jam
by Jessica Northey
As fate would have it this eView is not the first time my path has crossed with NBC The Voice’s HOT, Young Country Singer Curtis Grimes! This Texas Country Music Artist, Singer/Songwriter was at the Texas Music Seminar I spoke at earlier this year. About a week ago I got a tweet from him saying “Saw you speak at the Best in Texas seminar, that night I got a call to audition for @NBCTheVoice and here we are.” It was a thrilling message to receive as I am a BIG fan of  ”The Voice” and of Curtis’!

Hollywood!
Curtis Grimes is a 25 year old singer/songwriter from Upshur County, pursuing his dreams as a Country Music Singer; an academic scholar and athlete at Harmony High School where he was an All-State pitcher and member of the 2003 state qualifying baseball team. Following graduation he accepted academic and baseball scholarships to Centenary College in Shreveport, Louisiana.
After a break up with his then fiance, it was here that he started playing guitar and developed an interest in songwriting. One day he went to a pawn shop, purchased a used Dean Martin guitar, and taught himself to play. Grimes then headed down I35 with plans of finishing his degree at Texas State University in San Marcos. While there he fell under the influence of the Texas Country music scene. With legendary venues so close, he was able to follow the Texas Country artists he looked up to. After playing for friends and relatives at gatherings and parties, Grimes was hooked by the entertainment bug.
Here is my eView with Curtis , you will be able to chat LIVE with him next June 6 on #CMchat. Country Music’s #1 LIVE Chat on Monday nights at 6pPt/9pET.

Close to home
Favorite thing about your job?
Everything minus the late night drives
Where are you answering these questions from right now?
My living room
What are you wearing right now?
Nike shorts, that’s all
How did you get started in Social Media/Social Networking?
Did the bare minimum until I got some key pointers from Jessica Northey
What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
My guitar, my truck, my teléfono

With Kelsey Rey from The Voice
Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory?
My boots, they complete me

Have you ever been in a fight?
Nothing too bad, I try to get along with everyone
What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
How much I hate getting out of bed, I’m definitely a night person
Is there anything that you regret?
Quitting baseball initially, but I had no idea music would change my life
What are your fondest childhood memories?
Going to my grandparents house and hanging with all 18 of my cousins
What current event has your eyes and ears?
“The Voice” on NBC, trying to win it!

With Casey Weston from The Voice
How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?
To reach new fans and get as much information as possible to the public eye

What is your favorite website?
Espn.com
If you had a Super Power what would it be?
Have you ever seen “Boogie Nights”…I’m just saying
Which famous people do you admire?
The ones that used their God given ability to get where they are and appreciated everything and everyone along the way and didn’t let the fame get to their head, in any profession
What is your favorite movie?
8 Seconds, I have the upmost respect for Lane Frost and how he lived life
Favorite snack?
Nachos with jalapeños, spent half my life at a ballpark

With Frenchie from The Voice
How do you balance your work with other personal life & obligations?
Enjoy every second I have off, and spend as much time as possible with the people that mean the most to me
Do you get nervous about anything?
Worrying how people perceive me, I want to make EVERYONE happy but it is impossible
If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
Hank Williams and Nolan Ryan, I would have a lot of questions

Fishing with nephew & grandpa
What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
I like to fish, go to concerts and throw a baseball around, it’s my life
What chore to you hate?
I really don’t’ like to wash dishes, too many weird smells and slimy feeling stuff
Do you have an animals?
I had the most bad ass dog ever, Tank, he’s no longer with us
Mac or PC?
Mac, more user friendly and fewer viruses
Ginger or Mary Ann? 
I would have to go with Mary Ann, she’s more my type

With Casey Donahew
Craziest thing you have ever done?
There is not enough room on this page, I like to live life on the edge

MORE INFO ON CURTIS GRIMES
Website
Twitter
Facebook