Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday Driving on Full Throttle County with @CowboyTroy

Meet Cowboy Troy a Hick-Hop Artist, full-time rhymer and part-time singer.
I have had the honor, and yes it is an honor, to get to know him through Social Networking site Twitter. He is always supportive of the community, responsive and completely accessible when other Music Stars are available there in "name only."

Troy Lee Coleman III (born in Victoria, Texas) is an American musician, better known by his stage name Cowboy Troy, who performs country rap. He is a member of the MuzikMafia, an aggregation of country music singer-songwriters whose membership also includes Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson and James Otto. He has released four studio albums and one EP, including two releases on Warner Bros. Records, and has charted twice on the Billboard country singles charts.

When you're six feet, five inches tall you stand out. Add a cowboy hat and you stand out even more. Then, make the subject from Texas with darker than average skin and there's no question that Cowboy Troy (AKA Troy Coleman) isn't exactly an average guy.

"I grew up listening to a mix of country music, rap and rock, with a little bit of funk and pop," Coleman says. "That didn't make me unusual back home (Dallas, Texas). Whenever I would go into the honky-tonks and they put on Run-DMC or Sir Mix-A-Lot, the floor would be packed with the cowboy hats swaying and people having a good time dancing. So it didn't seem like that big a deal for me once I decided to try music that all these things would converge in my music."


Favorite thing about your job?
I get to excite the crowd.

Where are you answering these questions from?
Home

What are you wearing?
Cinch Jeans and T-shirt

How did you get started in the music industry?
Was invited by John Rich to appear on Big & Rich’s debut album a few years ago.

What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
Cell phone, Laptop & TV Remote
Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory?
Cowboy hat...because when I wear it, people know it’s me.

Have you ever been in a fight?
Yeah, senior year of college I was a bouncer in a bar in Austin, TX.  The whole thing looked like a scene from an old wild west movie.

What are your fondest childhood memories?
Getting a blue bicycle from my parents for Christmas when I was 8.

How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?
Social media allows me to connect with my fans directly.  It helps me provide a more meaningful experience to them. 

What is your favorite website?
twitter.com find me @cowboytroy

Which famous people do you admire?
Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson because they are two of the coolest.

What is your favorite movie?
Either “Die Hard” or “Last Man Standing”

Favorite snack?
Chocolate chip cookies. Just because.

How do you balance your work with other obligations - mate, children, hobbies?
I just have to make sure the family is taken care before I get into the work.  Just try to prioritize.

Do you get nervous about anything?
I get nervous sometimes, if I have the chance to meet heroes of mine.  Just try to make sure I don’t make a fool of myself.

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
I’ve been fortunate enough to meet Samuel L. Jackson and that was cool. So I’d have to say Bruce Willis since he and Samuel L. are the two famous people I admire most.  Not sure what I would say.

Mac or PC?
Mac

Craziest thing you have ever done?

Ever? Hahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment