Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Driving on Full Throttle County with Fletch Brown

Name you want use?
Fletch Brown

Official title for work?
Program Director WXFL FM

Favorite thing about your job?
The music!

Where are you answering these questions from right now?
In Birmingham filming a short film I am in called Time Calls.  We are between scenes.

What are you wearing right now?
Black crew neck T and jeans.

How did you get started in Broadcasting?
Had a good friend in college theatre who was working sales at my company.  PD needed a part-timer and she suggested me.

What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
My phone, my mp3 player, and my gps.  Which oddly enough are all in one!

 Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory? Why?
My workout clothes. They are just comfortable!  I'd wear them everywhere if I could.

Have you ever been in a fight?
Not lately. I fought a lot in junior high.  Got my teeth kicked in once.  Got braces a year early after that!

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Got to get the kids up for school...
What did Johnny (my morning jock) just say?!!

Is there anything that you regret?
I try never to do things I will regret, so I never regret the things I do.

What are your fondest childhood memories? 
Snow. And my best friend was a little girl around the corner. First love.  We are still friends. :-)

What current event has your eyes and ears? And what are you doing about it?
Egypt, Lybia, Charlie Sheen.  Watching in horror!

How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?
I am building our station's social media network as an extension of our promotions department,  but mostly as a tool to bring our audience into a closer, more intimate place with out live voices.  Making new P1's

What is your favorite website?
Onion.com

If you had a Super Power what would it be?
Flight

Which famous people do you admire? Why?
Morgan Freeman, Louis Gosset Jr., Gary Oldman. Great great actors! I want to be like them.

What is your favorite movie? Why
Ghostbusters. Its has everything!
Favorite snack? Why?
Potato chips, but I shouldn't.  They are awesome!
 How do you balance your work with other obligations - mate, children, hobbies?
I don't like I should. I limit mt focus to two things: kids and career.  If I'm not doing one it's the other.

Do you get nervous about anything?
How my kids see me in 20 years.

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
Patty Griffin, and thank you.  I actually did meet her once but went all awkward teenage boy on her.

What is your hobby or do you collect anything? Why?
Comic books!  Uh...I mean...crap! I have collected comic books since I was a kid, and I try to get my son to as well.

What chore to you hate? Why? 
Scrubbing the bathtub! Because yuck!!

Do you have an animal/s? What kind/s? Names?
1 cat Mr. Jinx
1 son age 9 Xavier
2 daughters Age 10 - Tatum, Kaitlin age 15.

Mac or PC?
PC
Ginger or Mary Ann? Which are you more like or which one would you date/marry?
Mary Ann I love the dark hair and a smart alec attitude

Craziest thing you have ever done?
In college I gave naked hugs at gatherings.



No comments:

Post a Comment