Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brighter horizons please

We had a great response, which sucks about yesterday's prose on out of work radio folks. Big John told me he just got laid off from his job: "I just wanted to say thank you for message on FTC email today. I recently got layed off from 99.9 KTCS in Fort Smith, AR. I've got 9 years in radio and I hate to think this is the end. I am keeping positive and hoping that someone will offer me a new full time gig. Again, thank you for your message."

Remember some other folks that are still pounding the pavement, Steve Kiser from KTTS Springfield, Nikki Landry from KBWF SF and Fresh in Washington DC, one helluva air talent. Glen Boychuk and Tony Magoo ended up working out of the business. Recently consultant and one smart boy, Bob Glasco departed radio for a business consulting position. 

We have some new jobs, see out CAREER ADVANCEMENT section as well. KPLX Dallas needs a morning side kick to work with Lisa Taylor. KEBK Grand Junction, CO needs a PD, KICKS in Lincoln, NE needs a PD morning show. KYGO Denver middays, hit up JT, Imaging at a Top 15 station in the West and nights at WGGY Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. What ya mean there ain't no jobs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment