Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Driving with CMT Reality TV Star and Country Music Singer Marthia Sides

Meet Marthia Sides:  Country Music Singer, CMT Reality TV Star, Host, Actress, Image Consultant who loves Antiques, Fashion & Entertaining! I recently met Marthia when I traveled to Nashville. She is a multi-talented Singer/Songwriter who puts the pieces of success together with her latest radio single for the holidays “Angels In The Snow” SPOILER: you will cry, but in a good way, and I can't stop thinking about this song! After speaking with Marthia, I discovered the same thing happened to her when she heard and then just knew she had to record it.

The Virginia-Born performer had a successful career off Broadway and in TV and film before launching her music career after a chance encounter with a songwriter while shooting the CMT reality show “Popularity Contest.” 

Favorite thing about your job?
Making people happy and being able to help ease their pain and experiences by creating an emotional outlet.

Where are you answering these questions from?
In my home office aka my living room, with my laptop, cup of coffee and the radio on Nashville XM11!

What are you wearing right now?
I have on my Victoria’s Secret baby blue satin two piece pants and long sleeve button down top…I guess it’s not a secret anymore!

How did you get started in Music?

My mom said I was singing opera the day I was born!

What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without? 
I am single so: benefits Cover up, Pushup Bra, and my Blackberry

Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory?
My AG worn out Jeans and a pair of handmade Cow and Snake Brown Vintage Cowboy Boots

Have you ever been in a fight?
Ladies don’t kiss and tell nor do they fight and brag about it!

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
I always thank God for another day and they where’s the coffee!

Is there anything that you regret?
Not really? I feel like I've lived my life my way and try to be an honest woman and treat people fairly.


How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?
I try to connect with Country Music fans and people who want to know more about my music, my family’s Antique business and keep up with the fashion trends.  I don’t post to Facebook and twitter what I had for breakfast-unless it's served by Bobby Flay.

What is your favorite website?
Anything that has discounted designer fashion on it!!

If you had a Super Power what would it be?
I would like to cure people of sadness…sounds funny but I feel that through music you can heal which is kinda what I am doing! J

Which famous people do you admire?
I saw Stevie Wonder in a NY airport once and that was amazing. He's an icon! Also think Prince, Madonna, Elvis, Michael Jackson, and the Beatles are all amazing since they changed music forever.


What is your favorite movie?
Raising Arizona 'cause it's insanely funny! I know every line and I have a hard time relating to people that don't get the humor in that movie. Seriously!


Favorite snack?
I love to bake. Anything sweet but not a huge Chocolate fan.

Do you get nervous about anything?
Sometimes just before I go on stage I get butterflies, but it turns to excitement as soon as I hold the mic in my hand!

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
I would love to sing with Don Henley. His voice is awesome and also Pavaratti would have been amazing to meet. What a talent of a lifetime.


What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
I love to cook and I'm really good at it!


What chore to you hate?
Laundry….it is mind numbing!


Craziest thing you have ever done?
Uhhhhh…..I would say being on a Reality Show was  pretty crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment