Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Driving on Full Throttle County with Tomorrow's Country Star Chelsea Rae!

I spent last week in Nashville, every where I went everyone I met did something in Country Music. It was a very neat experience for me.

One of the highlights of my trip was meeting up and coming, "Rising Country Music Star Chelsea Rae."
Humble, talented, brave and possessing every quality in person you want to see succeed.

Since before she was born into this world music has been influencing Chelsea Rae. Her mother attended a Judds concert when she was six months along with her and as the story goes over the years, it has been said that she could feel her kicking along to the rhythm of Kentucky duo

Over the past two years of living in Nashville, Rae has been quick to blaze her own trail with the likes of Nashville's finest including co-writting sessions Walker Hayes (Capitol recording artist), Bo Bice (Former Idol runner-up) and Bridgette Tatum (Co-wrote 2009's most spun song "She's Country"). In the spring or 2009 Rae released her debut EP, "Justice," in memory of fallen classmate and inspiration, Justice Fockler. The five song album gave listeners a sneak peak into Rae's country roots and spit fire attitude with lyrics like "Don't come cryin' to me I see you shakin' in your boots," and"Ask your neighbor for a dollar to cut the grass come Sunday me and dad we were catchin' bass..." Currently Chelsea is in the studio recording her sophomore EP, "Ember," Rae says, "I feel like this stuff is even more me then the first record if that's possible, it's a little more edgy I really look forward to everyone giving it a listen."
 

Where are you answering these questions from?


Nashville,TN

What are you wearing?
A hoodie and shorts

How did you get started in Music?
I was 13 which was when the first season of American Idol came out and I had grown up listening to a lot of music but never really thought of it as a career choice until my best friend at the time claimed I had a good voice. I took an interest and started writing songs it was one of those synergistic divine intervention things I think… which progressed into singing in choirs, talent shows and picking up the guitar.

What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
iPhone, iPhone charger, Sunglasses

Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory? Why?
I LOVE shoes especially boots I think they are comfortable and add a country/rock element to your outfit…My favorite piece of jewelry is a bracelet I made out of a guitar string that broke after I played at my friend Justice’s funeral he was a huge inspiration to me actually his song is the title track to my debut EP I wrote with Walker Hayes here in town…I LOVE sunglasses if I could, I’d have like 500 pairs same with boots you can’t have enough!

Have you ever been in a fight? Describe.
No it’d be fun though ha!

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Usually  a mix between I’m tired and right on I can’t wait to see what happens…

What kind(s) of car do you drive?
Ford Focus who actually wishes it was an ’76 Ford Highboy with 36’s and an extra 6 inch lift, just sayin’...

Is there anything that you regret?
No because without every experience, good, bad or otherwise I wouldn't have the knowledge I do now.

What are your fondest childhood memories? In your house? In your neighborhood or town?
Fishing with my dad on the Santiam River in Oregon and playing baseball with all the boys.

What current event has your eyes and ears? And what are you doing about it?
Recently for me it’s been about the flood and what I can do to volunteer or raise awareness for helpful opportunities for those effected or playing at benefits.

How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?
I use it to keep my fans/friends in touch with what’s going on with me. I also like to use it to keep people positive or informed about what’s happening in the community.

What is your favorite website?
Probably Facebook or Twitter I LOVE being social so that’s where I spend a lot of my “web-time”.

If you had a Super Power what would it be?
Flight all the way!

Which famous people do you admire? Why?
I’d admire Kelly Clarkson because, she is such a strong woman who always fights for what she wants and has thee BEST voice it’s got soul man and killer writing skills and to top it all off she’s super down to earth, Wynonna is another very strong very soulful talented chick who also has had to overcome many battles in life to get to where she is today, P!NK because she doesn’t worry about what other people think or if she’s going to fail at something she really lives out loud and that is something I always try to achieve. Even though Taylor Swift and I are so close in age I admire her classiness and songwriting talent. I just really look up to hardworking, talented vocalist/songwriters who have no fear of what someone might think of them.

What is your favorite movie? Why
8 Seconds because I LOVE rodeo especially bullriding and I love Lane Frost and what a free spirit he was and let’s be honest Luke Perry in Wranglers is a great site!

Favorite snack? Why?
Cereal I just crave it all the time and I like it when it gets soggy no idea why ha!

How do you balance your work with other obligations - mate, children, hobbies?
Can’t say I really do I think if one feels out of control I’ll offer more attention to something else until it feels right it’s a vicious cycle.
Do you get nervous before you perform?
Kind of, it also depends on what the event is, I’m always more apt to get nervous if someone that I’m close with is there and I find them talented.

Do you have a ritual before you perform?
Drink water and Gatorade, listen to my "Show Jamz," mix on my iPod and give all my buddies a pound.

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
Calamity Jane and I’d ask her if we could go raise some cane.

What is your hobby or do you collect anything? Why?
Koozies, I donno they always have funny stuff on them the actual funny part is that I never use them...I collect hats you just can't have too many camo hats! I of course collect music I love buying CD’s still because I love having the tangible artwork and lyrics.

What chore to you hate? Why?
I hate house work in general but I think I especially hate cleaning the bathroom because I’m germaphobic and I can’t stand being around all the bathroom ick!

Do you have an animal/s? What kind/s? Names?
My Mom and I share a cat named Simba but she’s more hers then mine. When I have a truck I want to get a male blue heeler and name him Coors I grew up with two heelers and they were fun.

Fruits or Vegetables?
Both but fruit ha!

Mac or PC?
Have a PC jonesin’ for a Mac!

Ginger or Mary Ann? Which are you more like?
I was super young when this came out and I don’t watch a lot of TV now but when I was young my dad called my Giligan…

Craziest thing you have ever done?
Skinny dipped in the day light;)

Chelsea Rae
www.myspace.com/chelsearaesongs
www.twitter.com/chelsearaesongs
www.facebook.com/chelsearaesongs

No comments:

Post a Comment