Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Driving on Full Throttle County with Country Music Artist Bridgette Tatum


by Jessica Northey


Meet Bridgette Tatum, she's witty, sassy, beautiful and..."She's Country", which is also the title of the Number 1 hit song she co-wrote for Jason Aldean.  She is a lot of things, but no words can distill the essence of Bridgette Tatum better than her own: “Sex, church, and chicken. That’s what it’s all about.”


This  firecracker brunette was raised on the tent revival brand of soul-shaking gospel, swirling with the Holy Spirit and saturated with raw passion. “Music is what I was put on this earth to do,” she explains, “and it comes from something much bigger than me. I’m just a vessel for the music.”

Bridgette also wrote, and sings one of my all time favorite songs, "I like My Cowboys Dirty" from her album "Sex. Church & Chicken," and you should check out her latest single, "That's Love Y'All."

#COOL FACT: Bridgette's label Root Forty-Nine Records is owned by NASCAR Driver Ryan Newman (+ wife Krissie) and "Music Row" publisher Carolyn Miller.
I hope you enjoy reading about Bridgette as much as I did asking!


Where are you answering these questions from?
A musky hotel in New Orleans


What are you wearing?
A t-shirt and a pair of Jeans

Name 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
My Bible, My Lip Gloss, and my Cowboy Boots


Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory?
My boots. I collect them. I think they're the most comfortable ever and I'd work out in em' if I could!

Have you ever been in a fight?
Yes...and that's the end of that answer! LOL!

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
UGH!

What kind(s) of car do you drive?
I own an SUV and a Convertible for fun!


Is there anything that you regret?
The time I miss with my family and friends by being on the road..Then I miss the time on the road when I'm with my family and friends. It's a catch 22


What are your fondest childhood memories?
Christmas. My momma wrapped a tree with no leaves etc.. with white sparkly gauze one Christmas..it was ELVIS cool!
In my neighborhood, being able to jump the dirt hills on my bike better than the boys.


What current event has your eyes and ears?
How Country Music is increasingly decreasing in Country Lifestyle but yet increasing in a different crowd of fans...hmmm And what are you doing about it? Uh..that'd be makin' music that I'd be a fan of yet hangin' with where we are today in this genre.



How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?

I use it to promote shows, share new information, give fans/friends a chance for exclusive access to what's going on behind the scenes, and getting general GREAT feedback on what they want to hear in their music.


What is your favorite website?
Ones that are informative about a product/person AND are easily navigated through.

If you had a Super Power what would it be?
To give people peace. Within. (In the Jesus way not in the John Lennon way)

Which famous people do you admire?
GARTH. I think he balanced the old and the new in our genre with good ol' boy charm and intense business sense. ELVIS. He knew how to shake it without breakin' it and NOBODY else can immulate him. ELLEN. because she knows how to make people laugh..and how to laugh at herself. CELINE. because she REALLY is the best singer in the world. DOLLY. because she not only branded herself..but she branded Country Music and made it gaudy classy with a voice that makes you feel like you're sittin' by a mountain stream.

What is your favorite movie?
ANNIE. At points in my life as a little girl, I felt her way but always had the hope.


Favorite snack?
Pickles. They make my mouth water.

How do you balance your work with other obligations - mate, children, hobbies?
I pray. ALOT.

Do you get nervous before you perform?
Absolutely. Nerves are the best part of the show. It means I still care and the energy will be high.

Do you have a ritual before you perform?
I pray and do a hand hug (thanks kirstin) with my manager/label head

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
ELVIS. I would ask him Why? Why he could not listen for the "NO" people anymore.

What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
I collect boots. I think they are artwork for your feet. They are fabulous!

What chore to you hate?
Laundry. The separation. The checking. The folding. The putting away. There are so many steps..LOL!


Do you have an animal/s?
I had a cat, Callie who passed away last year. I considered her one of my best friends.

Fruits or Vegetables?
BOTH.

Mac or PC?
Mac

Ginger or Mary Ann? Which are you more like?
I don't watch TV much so this one will take research.


Craziest thing you have ever done?
Made a career out of playing music and lovin' every minute of it!

For More Info About Bridgette:
http://www.bridgettetatum.com/
www.facebook.com/bridgettetatumfans
http://twitter.com/bridgettetatum\








No comments:

Post a Comment