Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Driving with Full Throttle County and KiiM-FM 99.5's Max!

Clever, Idealistic, and Bold--Meet Max from the “Max, Shannon and Porkchop” morning show at Tucson’s KiiM-FM 99.5. Without a doubt Max is one of the most interesting and talented people I have ever met or heard in radio. No one captures and engages an audience quite like him. The ability to tell stories that you can actually see, and feel like your best friend is telling them to you, is a gift that he offer's to listeners. His anecdotes and personable nature have centered him as a foundation at KiiM-FM’s Morning Show for double digit years!  If you're having fun in the morning, chances are you are listening to Max, Shannon and Porkchop on KiiM-FM 99.5!
Where are you answering these questions from?
Office in secret underground bunker

What are you wearing?
Shirt, jeans & boots
How did you get started in Broadcasting?
I got a brochure for a broadcast school that had a picture of a guy with a Corvette and blonde … at 17 that seemed like a good idea. Now, my wife is brunette and I’m driving a Honda … and I’m NOT complaining!
What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
 I’m good … it’s all just stuff.
Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory? Why?
Jeans … and duh!
Have you ever been in a fight?
Are you trying to start something?
What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
What time is it?
What kind(s) of car do you drive?
I have a Honda Civic and an old (1978) Mercedes 450SL

Is there anything that you regret?
Lot’s of stuff.
What are your fondest childhood memories?
Probably playing around in the river around my house … fishing, swimming, stuff like that or playing Little League baseball
What current event has your eyes and ears? And what are you doing about it?
What seems like the deterioration of our country’s core value’s. All I can do about it is pray.
How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?
Networking show information, contests, etc.
What is your favorite website?
 Drudge Report and Facebook are about the only two I check every day.
If you had a Super Power what would it be?
 C’mon doesn’t EVERYONE want to fly!
Which famous people do you admire?
Jesus, because … well, hello! He’s the Son of God, so that’s something! Thomas Jefferson and Teddy Roosevelt are cool, too.

What is your favorite movie?
 
One favorite is hard … Gone With The Wind is great, Casablanca is awesome because it’s so tight … not one scene or word is wasted … Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid because Redford & Newman are just cool … Cool Hand Luke, ‘cause Newman just won’t quit … Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure because it has more accurate historic information than most history classes … I’ll stop now, but there are more.
Favorite snack?
Peanut butter
How do you balance your work with other obligations - mate, children, hobbies?
 I suck at balance.
Do you get nervous about anything?
 I did at one time, but after my heart surgery a few years ago not much bothers me now.
Do you have a ritual before you go on the air?
Wake up.
If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
I’d like to meet Jesus and hope I could think of something to ask … something not too stupid.
What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
Exercising and cooking … I do one kinda so I can do the other.
What chore to you hate? Why?
Cleaning the litter box. Why … Really who likes to pick up poop.
Do you have an animal/s? What kind/s? Names?
We’re keeping our sons cat, Raike while he’s away working for the summer.

Fruits or Vegetables?
 Both
Mac or PC?
PC … I’m too cheap to pop for the Mac yet.
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Ginger
Craziest thing you have ever done?
I’ll let you know when the statue of limitations expires.

You can find more info or listen live to KiiM-FM:
http://www.kiimfm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment