Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Social Media is all fun and games until someone puts an eye out!

View ImageYesterday was my first day at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, just kidding, Homer says: "But it's my first day Mr. Burns" when he had been there seven years. I started as the internal marketing coordinator at Unique Orthodontics  I never knew how hard it is to match and mate all of the social media ecosystems together. I created the Twitter account, Linkedin, Foursquare and Hootsuite as the dashboard to run everything. Then the frustrating part, the difference between a Facebook (use to be called fan page) now business or "like" page and a personal or "friends" page.

I love the content and don't mind contributing on a creative, right-brain kind of platform. but the process of getting all these systems to hand shake is nuts. More to come from the trenches. Oh and I only called the maven of social media, Jessica Northey twice. Now I know why radio doesn't embrace digital media the way it should, this isn't the easiest platform to coordinate, but once you roll up your sleeves and get crackin' - It rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment