Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Driving on Full Throttle County with Unrest Music Groups Gino Genaro

Meet Anthony “Gino” Genaro, President of  Unrest Music Group, his first job in music was selling merch for Jack Ingram, now he is helping clients build careers that make their merch sell!
He spent the last decade primarily in the field of artist management and at the helm of Aaron Watsons career where he has led Watson from a small, Abilene honky-tonk bar band to one of Texas’ most recognizable acts and an emerging artist on the National stage. 



Favorite thing about your job?
Wear flip flops to work most days

Where are you answering these questions from right now?
My study in my home (New Braunfels, TX)
What are you wearing right now?
T-Shirt, Jeans, Flip Flops

How did you get started in music/broadcasting?

I started in the music business mostly on college breaks from University of San Diego while home in Texas and went full time upon my graduation in 2002 managing bands

What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
Blackberry, Gold AMEX, my sanity

Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory?
 My dad’s necklace with a Corno (Italian Horn) on it.  It’s a good luck charm and keeps my late father close to my heart to remind me of the man he raised me to be daily.  Also my wedding ring

Have you ever been in a fight?
Yes…verbally and physically

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? 

Is the stock market up or down (Erin Burnett and I have morning coffee together every day)

Is there anything that you regret?
No because every mistake I’ve made I’ve learned something from to be a better person in the future because of it

What are your fondest childhood memories?

Playing baseball and my friendships

What current event has your eyes and ears?
The Egypt crisis and transition is very interesting right now.  I’ve been reading and watching the news on that a lot learning about their different culture.  Also the debt of our country concerns me and has lead me to be a bit more financially conservative in my own fiscal life

How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity? 
Social media is a great platform for our agency to grow and engage the fan bases of the artists that we represent.  We use all the mainstream platforms and make the content unique on each one not only to inform our fans about upcoming shows and projects but to just have fun and create interaction between the two of us.  It’s a great way to make people want to be involved in your product then be able to communicate to the dedicated mass when the time is right


What is your favorite website?
Google.com since it pretty much is my starting point for going anywhere on the internet

If you had a Super Power what would it be?

“Beam me up Scotty”….travel takes to long

Which famous people do you admire?

Ronald Reagan – great man of character and quintessential American


What is your favorite movie?

Top Gun – has been since I was 6 years old and still a classic today


Favorite snack?

Granola bars.  Filling and quick


How do you balance your work with other obligations - mate, children, hobbies?
  Everything in life is a balance.  Since this line of work is more of a lifestyle than a 9-5, there are a lot of things that I do where I can bring my personal obligations in sync with doing what I have to do with work…like traveling for a show and bringing my wife.  So a lot of time it turns out to be a lot more fun than work.  No kiddos yet but one due in about 10 weeks so I’ll get back to you on that one!  I’m sure it will change a bit.  Mainly, my hobbies I do in my off time at home when all the work is done, it’s a way for me to escape

Do you get nervous about anything?

No

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?

My grandfather who I never really got a chance to know

What is your hobby or do you collect anything?

Tons of hobbies, depends on my flavor of the moment I suppose.  With football season over, mainly reading and playing tennis at the moment.  I collect sports memorabilia and fine art and enjoy learning the history as well as having some alternate forms of investments.  Plus they liven up the house


What chore to you hate?

Cleaning the water residue on the glass door on the shower because I let it build up too much and it’s a royal pain in the ass


Do you have an animal/s?

One dog….Molly….half Boxer/half English bull dog


Mac or PC?

PC but I have an iPad

Ginger or Mary Ann?

I think I’m too young to form an opinion from this show


Craziest thing you have ever done?

Just one?  I’ve impulsively decided to go somewhere several times and 12 hours later either wheels were turning or I was up in the air


No comments:

Post a Comment