Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Driving with CMT's Cody Alan

Broadcast on radio stations across America, CMT Radio Live with Cody Alan originates from Nashville and is CMT’s premiere country music and entertainment radio show. Cody’s wit, energy and charm shine with big star guests and live interaction with listeners. Landing major interviews with Kenny Chesney, Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Faith Hill, Taylor Swift and more, Cody asks the right balance of questions, including the untypical.
Country artist Dierks Bentley says, “Cody’s show always feels fresh and current. Cody cares about country music’s past and future, and has always worked to make his shows exciting, interesting and personal.” Cody is one to keep your eye and expect great thing from. His use of Social Media to interact with Listeners and engage his audience should be a textbook example to ALL radio professionals!

Where are you answering these questions from right now?
Laptop at home in my Calvins...Is this too much honesty.

What are you wearing right now?
Ok, I just answered that.


How did you get started in Broadcasting?
Always wanted to be on radio and TV when I was a kid.  At 15, went to the local radio station and said "Please hire me!"  And they did!

What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
Iphone, my Puma baseball cap, Diet Mountain Dew.


What are your fondest childhood memories?
I had a Mr. Microphone.  You tune the FM receiver to 89.7 and your voice could be heard through the speakers.  I thought it was the coolest.  So I would poke the antennae out my screen window in my bedroom and broadcast to my Mom's car 20 feet away.  It was my first radio station!

What are your favorite things to do?
I love spending time with my family.  I work out and run a lot.  And I love good food, especially Mexican and Southern cooking...and Southern Mexican also.



What current event has your eyes and ears?
Oil disaster, of course.  Actually headed to the Gulf this week for shows with Jimmy Buffett and Kenny Chesney and more.

How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?
Twitter and Facebook help me connect with listeners and viewers by showing my personality, and letting me get to know my friends out there a lot better.



What is your favorite website?
I'm a celeb news junkie.  TMZ, E! online, People, and of course www.cmtcody.com

If you had a Super Power what would it be?
Eat whatever without getting fat.  That answer sounds like a girl.



Which famous musicians do you admire?
I love everything country.  Seriously!  I appreciate what Willie does, yet love Taylor Swift too.

What is your favorite movie?
Forrest Gump, cause he is an underdog who does the most amazing things.  But in the end, realizes his greatest achievement is his family.



Favorite snack?
Cool Ranch Doritos.

How do you balance your work with other obligations?
This is a tough one.  I live a pretty chaotic life.  I have learned to slow down and enjoy life's best moments, and cast aside the world sometimes.  All that matters in the end is the people around you, how you treated them- love is our only legacy.



Do you get nervous about anything?
Heights.

Do you have a ritual before you go on the air?
It's the best part of my day.  No rituals, just swing for the fences!



If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
God.  I think I have a pretty good handle on this subject, but would love a conversation if he's listening.

What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
I've been playing a lot of Battleship lately with my son...does that count as a hobby?



What chore to you hate?
I don't like yard work due to the dirt involved with most of it.

Do you have an animal/s?
1 dog, Golden Retriever, she's very lazy.

Fruits or Vegetables?
Fruits.



Mac or PC?
Mac

Ginger or Mary Ann?
Mary Ann because she's cute, and down to earth.

Craziest thing you have ever done?
This interview.

On CMT, Cody hosts #1 Music and a Movie, where viewers get an inside peek at the week’s #1’s in music and movies!  In 2009, Cody also hosted CMT’sCMA Awards Special, announcing the nominees on live TV.  Cody is a regular columnist in Country Weekly magazine, and was recently the official voice of the CMT Music Awards. Catch Cody bringing  fans all the Awards show action, from the red carpet to backstage and beyond!

Cody is a respected veteran personality, producer and programmer in the broadcast industry. After gigs in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, Cody made it to the major leagues at age 23 when he landed in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. Along the way, Cody has received numerous national awards including DJ of the Year from Country Radio Broadcasters, and named the 2010 National On Air Personality of the Year by the Academy of Country Music. Nominated for Radio Music Awards Air Personality of the Year, Cody has been honored at the Grand Ole Opry, featured in USA Today and GQ Magazine. As well, Cody was named Radio and Records Music Director of the Year five times, while Billboard magazine and the Radio Music Awards honored him with the annual title as well.

For a good time Follow Cody Alan:
http://www.cmtcody.com
http://www.myspace.com/cmtradiolive
http://www.twitter.com/cmtcody
http://www.facebook.com/CMTRadioLive


No comments:

Post a Comment