Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Driving with Nashville XM11's Kent Terry

Meet Kent Terry, Program Director Nashville XM11/New Country HD2 who makes a living discovering new artists and playing great music!
Where are you answering these questions from?  The couch while my wife watches Housewives of every county.
What are you wearing?  My Halloween Pajamas
How did you get started in Broadcasting?  13 years ago I begged for a job in Lexington, KY.  I called everyday and told them I would do anything even sweep the floors if they would let me in the building.  A few days later they let me board op baseball games at WLAP-AM Saturday and Sunday nights just so I wouldn’t call anymore and bug them. Thank you Doug and Leslie Hamand!!!
What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?   Wife, Daughter, My HD Fatboy

Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory? Probably my Oakley O’rokr shades.  I can listen to music via Bluetooth on my phone while cruising on the Harley.  This is where I test many of the new songs and artists I find.  If I can jam while riding to your song it just might get some air time.

Have you ever been in a fight? A couple.  I’m a lover and not a fighter though.

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?   How many emails did I receive last night?

Is there anything that you regret? 
Many things, but I move forward and look at the positive.

What are your fondest childhood memories?  
Waking up and watching cartoons on Saturday mornings.

What current event has your eyes and ears?
And what are you doing about it? The Healthcare madness and all the premiums going up. 

How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity? 
Interacting with our listeners to see what they really want to hear and finding new talent.

What is your favorite website? 
Probably MySpace and Facebook.   I have found many talented artists with these new social networking sites.

If you had a Super Power what would it be? 
Flying

Which famous people do you admire?
Walt Disney – Bringing joy to everyone in the small world.
Steve Jobs – Innovative, Ipad, Iphone, Imac, Iwanttohaveall of his products.
The Unknown Soldier - symbolic to every belief anyone ever gave his or her life for

What is your favorite movie?
 I have way too many to list.  I am a movie fan.  

Favorite snack? 
Oreo Cookies.  40g of fat per bite!!  How could you go wrong?

How do you balance your work with other obligations - mate, children, hobbies?
   Is that even possible?

Do you get nervous about anything?
   Failing

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
   Dale Earnhardt Sr.  We would kick back with a few cold beverages and just talk about racing.

What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
  Motorcycles.  There is nothing like being in the wind.

What chore do you hate?
   I don’t mind chores, but I’m sure my wife would say that I need to do more of them.

Mac or PC?
Mac

Ginger or Mary Ann?
  Mary Ann

Craziest thing you have ever done
?  I’ve done it.  If I liked it then I did it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment