Monday, September 13, 2010

Why Twitter Is A Great Place to Influence People

by Jessica Northey
I talk about Twitter ALOT as one of the greatest Social Media Platforms out there. I always knew why but sometimes fell short articulating the statistics, see my brain works creatively and I have had GREAT results from Twitter so I don't always think about the math. It is always amazing when you read something and have one of those "A-HA" moments.


A friend of mine on Twitter, Jeff Bullas wrote "8 Reasons Why Twitter Power Users Are Influential" and I think I heard the sound of Angels singing or at least something with a harp in it.

"So why are Twitter power users so influential online.
  1. 72 percent publish blog posts at least monthly
  2. 70 percent comment on blogs
  3. 61 percent write at least one product review monthly
  4. 61 percent comment on news sites
  5. Daily Twitter users are 6 times more likely to publish articles
  6. Five times more likely to post blogs
  7. Seven times more likely to post to Wikis
  8. Three times more likely to post product reviews at least monthly compared to non-Twitter users
" - Jeff Bullas

And that my friends is how Twitter users influence.
Facebook is a fine tool, but I guarantee most all Twitter users are on Facebook and are probably active users and influencer's there as well. So ADVICE don't dismiss the Power of Twitter users in your Marketing Plan.

Do you know who your influencer's are?

No comments:

Post a Comment