Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Driving on Full Throttle County with Me!

by Jessica Northey
Normally I would not have featured MYSELF...but all the people I asked to participate, yes I am talking to you Gnarley Charley forgot to send back the eView. In addition, I have been meaning to find a way to bring some of my own person-ality into this Blog. I am great at talking about Social Media, Country Music, Radio, Sissy-my dog, Politics, Philanthropic Activities, Business, other peoples stories but fall short on telling my own story.
I am originally from Tucson, Arizona where I am a fourth generation native. I attended the University of Arizona and Arizona State University, was a Kappa Kappa Gamma, President of College Republicans, Student Body Leader, Accomplished Pool Shark, Amateur Golfing Hack, Sports Writer, NASCAR Winston Racing Series Official, Political Junkie and friend to many.
I have worked in and around Entertainment and Media for over 20 years. It started on the stage since I could pretty much walk in heels, acting, singing, dancing--I was born to perform: Theatre, commercial and promotional modeling, Trophy Queen,  Traffic Reporter and On-Air Radio Personality at several stations, then sold Television, Radio, Internet and Print Ads. Throughout this journey I have worked in Tucson, Washington DC, Seattle, San Diego, Fresno and Sacramento.


How did you come up with your Twitter name?
My parents gave it to me and it had something to do with an Allman Brother's Song.

Where are you answering these questions from right now?
Somewhere in Arizona…if you find me let me know where I am.

What are you wearing?
U of A shirt (Bear Down Arizona) and jeans.

3 things you COULD NOT live without?
God, Sissy and My Laptop!
Favorite item of clothing?
Anything pink, leopard or zebra print!

Have you ever been in a fight?
Yes and it was very entertaining..

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
 I wish I brushed Sissy’s teeth before we went to bed the night before!

What kind of car do you drive?
Silver Mercedes Kompressor with Sports Package ;) it's fast!

If you could change anything in your past what would it be?
Not one thing, I would to afraid things wouldn't be the way they are right noe! (Thank You God for EVERYTHING!)

What are your fondest childhood memories?
Christmas at my Grandparents when we used to decorate this trophy Elk on the wall named Clyde with ornaments and lights. Santa always left a gift on Clyde’s back for me.

What current event/issue has your eyes and ears? And what are you doing about it?
Breast Cancer.. it’s something you might not want to talk about, it’s the most common Cancer for Women and  second most deadly! 1 in 8 Women will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer in her lifetime…the liklihood of successful treatment is greatest when Breast Cancer is detected early. This is why I spearheaded/created programs at Broadcasting Stations to remind Women to do a monthly BSE’s (Breast Self Examination’s) and remind other women to do the same. Yesterday I decided to one on Twitter, My Website and Facebook. Visit http://bit.ly/Pause4theCause for more info.

How do you use Social Media in your for productivity?
I think that Social Media uses me, just saying ;)

What is your favorite website?
FullThrottleCountry.com, FingerCandyMedia.com and KrisCountry.com

If you had a Super Power what would it be?
To stop people from hurting each other.

Which famous people do you admire? Why?
Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, G. Gordon Liddy, Dale Earnhard Sr, Harry Gant, John Hughs, Lee Atwater to name a dew. They had their convictions and never apologized for them. I admire pundits!

What is your favorite movie?
It is a dead even tie between Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Fletch.

How do you balance your work with other obligations?
I don’t do a good job at all!

Do you get nervous about anything?
Being late for things...and speaking every time even though I do it all the time!

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
Marilyn Monroe….why Marilyn??

What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
I play billards, darts and love to shoot guns. I also collect photos of David Hasselhoff…yes I am a sick puppy!

What chore to you hate?
Almost all of them….maybe my Super Power would be to make things clean with the twinkle of my nose J

Do you have any animals?
I wasn't even going to include this question because it is pretty obvious that I am owned by a 4 and half pound Pomeranian-Chihuahua named Elizabeth Do-Link Northey aka Sissy.
Fruits or Vegetables?
Strawberries! 

Mac or PC?
I am a PC

Ginger or Mary Ann? Which are you more like?
Definitely Ginger-ish in looks but a total Mary Ann once you get to know me!

Craziest thing you have ever done?
Give up a 6 figure income to start my own company.

Any advice you would give someone just starting off with their blog?
Be yourself and talk about something you love!


FOR MORE INFO

No comments:

Post a Comment