Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Driving on Full Throttle County with Publicist Ebie McFarland

by Jessica Northey

Meet the very talented, kind and successful Ebie McFarland. Publicist/Owner of Essential Broadcast Media, LLC. Ebie McFarland’s interest in PR began while attending Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. In-between classes and work, McFarland booked bands at a local Nashville establishment and handled advertising and PR efforts on behalf of the shows.


Whether the desired result is to increase brand awareness, attract national media attention, or strengthen the media campaign through editorial content placement, our firm performs the research necessary to service our clients effectively–strategically planning our objectives to garner maximum visibility.


Where are you answering these questions from?
I’m at my desk in the office on 17th Ave South

What are you wearing?
I have on my favorite fringe brown boots and a dress…wishing I had a sweater because it’s 65 degrees in my office.

How did you get started in Broadcasting?
I started in PR while in college and continued with an entry-level job after graduation.

What are 3 items you CAN NOT live without?
Lip gloss, my cell phone, and my Zune

Favorite item of clothing/jewelry/accessory?
 Anything from Free People

Have you ever been in a fight?
 I attend kickboxing class twice a week and fight my instructor every time!

What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
‘Do I have time to take my dog for a walk?’

What kind(s) of car do you drive?
Chevy Traverse

Is there anything that you regret?
I regret not taking advantage of a vacation a few weeks ago.

What are your fondest childhood memories?
I always loved being in the water as a child. I grew up on the lake and miss having the luxury to walk a few steps to be in the water.

What current event has your eyes and ears?
Our firm is handling the Grand Opening of Sole of 615 in Nashville (shoe boutique), so today my attention is on getting my friends in the industry and media to attend its opening.  Shouldn’t be too hard to find females that want to buy shoes! ;)

How do you use Social Media in your industry for productivity?
Absolutely – a FANTASTIC company, Black Sheep Marketing, oversees our content and posts.  They are fantastic.

What is your favorite website?
www.soundspike.com

If you had a Super Power what would it be?
To read minds.

Which famous people do you admire?
I admire any female who has started her own company!

What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is The Princess Bride.  I think I can quote almost every line.

Favorite snack?
I love pretzels and hummus with pita bread.

How do you balance your work with other obligations?
My boyfriend and I both take pride in our work (he’s a photographer), and since he works somewhat in the industry, we both enjoy attending events/shows together.  I schedule kickboxing as if it is a meeting so I can be sure to go! The fun part is going to classes and shows with my friends, so there’s a great chance I get to see them outside of just the office.

Do you get nervous about anything?
Waiting on bookers to respond with officials offers makes me extremely nervous, but if you pitch a story that is irresistible, then the chances of getting booked are much higher.

Do you have a ritual before you go on the air?
 I don’t speak on the air – only on the phone to bookers, and I just ensure my notes and calendar is in front of me.

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be, and what would say to them?
 I would want to meet Elvis Presley and ask him what it was really like recording back in the day.

What is your hobby or do you collect anything?
I do not collect anything special, but I love to decorate my house and entertain.

What chore to you hate?
I hate putting away my clothes after laundry.

Do you have an animal/s?
I have a dog, Shih-Tzu Zoe.

Fruits or Vegetables?
Fruits

Mac or PC?
Both (Mac for personal/laptop; PC for work desktop)

Ginger or Mary Ann? Which are you more like?
Ginger

Craziest thing you have ever done?
 I drove across the border into Mexico from San Diego w/o a passport.


Want to know more about Ebie and her company?

http://www.ebmediapr.com for the latest news and client materials. 
Follow her on Twitter @ebiemedia and Facebook, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment