Friday, April 23, 2010

FINGER CANDY FRIDAY - THIS WEEK: Get a G.R.A.S.P. - Social Media Made Easy

Happy Finger Candy Friday!
This was a great week for me and my company Finger Candy Media!

I released my first eBook, "Get G.R.A.S.P. - Social Media Made Easy", re-invented the Full Throttle Country website,  had a few multi-media interviews and now it's....Friday...my favorite day of the week...not because I feel it is about me but because it is the beginning of the weekend!

I was thinking about how I originally got started with all this..i.e. AOL "chat room"-ing. Always knew I was a social creature. Have been since I was 4 and in pre-school, when coincidentally I had my first car accident, luckily I wasn't talking on cell phone, but that is a whole other story!

So I put this eBook together, designed with the result in mind!  I am not writing this hoping you will buy, in fact I am currently writing a new eBook with radio in mind and will bring in some of the top minds in the Social Media arena.

The marriage of Traditional media ideas to New Media is what has made me valuable to my clients.
It is my hope that I can pass this along to others at an affordable price!

Social Media Overview:
-Social Media is an umbrella term that describes websites that connect individuals
-Social meaning friendly gathering; Media meaning form of communication
-A specific characteristic is user generated content
-Different from the broadcast/editorially controlled style of traditional media
-Social media is also referred to as Web 2.0
-Facebook Personal Profile: Backyard BBQ
-Facebook Fan Page: Business Profile/Business Pages
-Twitter: Happy Hour Networking Event (that you can index and drop in on any conversation).

Facebook, like your website requires you to bring people to it. That is why Twitter is such a valuable tool - you can target followers based on location or interest!

At the end of the day I hope you will realize that Social Media is actually really simple and easy!

Just remember this acronym:  "Get a G.R.A.S.P.":

G for Goals - What are you trying to do?
R for Reach - Who do you want to target?
A for ABC’s - What are the Fundamentals?
S for Socialality - What are you about?
P for Promotion - How will people find you?

“Get a G.R.A.S.P.” is a very simple outline that will help you set goals, determine strategy, create a maintenance plan and focus on your Socialality and know WHY you are doing it!.

A Social Media plan should engage consumers and provide meaningful, relevant and personalized content direct to the consumer.

Social Media is perfect for anyone who wants to control their brands message or create a network of support and be heard by thousands of targeted individuals with potential to reach millions.

If you are not utilizing Social Media to its full extent you are missing the opportunity to grow your own voice!

Keep in mind that a Social Media plan should mirror your Marketing plan as well as compliment your
Traditional Media goals and engage consumers while providing meaningful, relevant and personalized content direct to the consumer!


With over 20 years of experience television, radio, Internet and print sales, as well as being an on-air radio personality, Jessica Northey is known for the ability to create complete marketing campaigns and bridge marketing partnership.
Jessica is the Associate Editor for FullThrottleCountry.com. In her weekly column, “Finger Candy Friday,” Jessica gives advice and opinions about social media trends topics.
In addition, Jessica is featured as an on-air contributor on WTKI/WEKI, Huntsville and on FilmLadd.com for the “OptiMedia Tuesday” segment. Along with radio vet Kevin Mason she is the Co-Creator of SocialMediology.com,  a Blog dedicated to helping Media Professionals use today’s and tomorrow’s Social Media tools.
She is the Chief Executive Officer for Finger Candy Media, LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment